Grandin Village Children's Parade 40th Anniversary Mini Parade Float Contest!
To celebrate the Grandin Village Children's Holiday Parade's 40th anniversary we will be adding a Mini Parade Float Contest! Keeping in mind that this is a children's parade and cannot use motorized vehicles, this year's participants will automatically be considered for the challenge as long as they have something decorated that they are pushing or pulling that has wheels - strollers, hand-pulled wagons, and shopping carts are ideas as to what will be considered a mini float but we encourage creative thinking!
There will be 3 trophies handed out:
- Best overall mini float
- Most thinking-outside-of-the box mini float
- Best mini float created by a business
We look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
The 2018 Grandin Village Holiday Children's Parade will be Saturday, November 17. Please register by filling out the form below.
The Grandin Village Holiday Children’s Parade is a long-standing tradition held the Saturday before Thanksgiving. This is a children's parade for non-motorized vehicles for the Grandin Business District and Raleigh Court areas. Line-up for the parade is between 10 - 10:30 am in the parking lot at Christ Lutheran Church at the corner of Grandin Road and Brandon Avenue. The parade begins at 11 am and proceeds to the corner of Grandin and Memorial Ave.
This year we will be having a fun contest to celebrate the Grandin Village Holiday Parade's 40th anniversary! Stay tuned for details!
Participants: read the rules and regulations below. By filling out the form and registering you are agreeing to follow these rules and requirements.
REGISTRATION ENDS AT 5 PM, NOV 13.
Grandin Village Holiday Children's Parade Rules & Regulations
- At their discretion, Officials of the Grandin Village Business Association and the Greater Raleigh Court Civic League have the right to refuse any group from participating in the Grandin Village Holiday Children’s Parade.
- Only businesses that are members of the Grandin Village Business Association may participate in the Grandin Village Holiday Children’s Parade.
- No motorized vehicles allowed. If a vehicle is needed to provide music for a dance troupe please check the box in the form below.
- Important: There will be ONE Santa at the end of the parade on the fire truck. NO other Santa is allowed in the parade.
- Candy must be carefully tossed underhanded to the curb and not directly at the attendees.
- Stopping the forward movement of the parade will not be allowed and can cause ejection from the parade.
- WAIVER: In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Grandin Village Holiday Children’s Parade, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assignees and those of my group/association, I and my group/association do hereby release and forever discharge the Grandin Village Business Association and the Greater Raleigh Court Civic League and their respective officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, volunteers and affiliates, and all those persons involved in organizing and staffing this event from all claims, demands, losses damages, actions, causes of actions or suits of whatsoever kind or nature, arising from my or my group’s participation in the parade.
- I grant to the Grandin Village Business Association and the Greater Raleigh Court Civic League (Photographer) and their legal representatives and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs, of me and/or my group, or in which I may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising, and any other purpose and in any manner and medium, and to alter and composite the same without restriction and without my inspection or approval. I hereby release the Grandin Village Business Association and the Greater Raleigh Court Civic League and their legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs.