We joyfully invite you and your organization to register and participate in the 2023 Grandin Village Holiday Children's Parade.
A decades-long tradition, the Children's Parade is always held on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Please fill out the form and register your group below.
You are also invited to join us for our after-party following the parade. During the parade, we will judge every group. At the after-party, we’ll present awards for best float, most creative, and biggest group. The after-party will gather in the lot behind the Cardinal Bicycle building, located at 1312 Winborne Street SW. Food and refreshments will be available inside. We will have a station set up for children to write letters to Santa and we invite them to drop the letters in Santa's mailbox located near the front door at Fire Station 7 on Memorial Ave.
On parade day, parking in the Christ Lutheran parking lot is carefully limited to allow ample space for participating groups to gather. You may drop off members of your group by approaching the Christ Lutheran Church property from the alley entrance at Brandon Avenue. After drop-off, please park on surrounding streets, or in the parking lot of Patrick Henry High School, the Unitarian Universalist Church of Roanoke, or Raleigh Court Presbyterian Church.
On parade day, each participating group must check-in. You may check in as early as 8:30 AM at the Christ Lutheran Church parking lot, located at the corner of Grandin Road and Brandon Avenue. Please arrive, register, and direct your group to your assigned parking lot space no later than 10:30 AM. The parade begins at 11:00 AM and ends at the intersection of Grandin Road and Memorial Avenue.
Refer back to this web page for updated details.
Please register your group for the parade by filling out the form below.
Participants: read the rules and regulations below. By filling out the form and registering you are agreeing to follow these rules and requirements.
REGISTRATION ENDS ON NOV 12 AT 5 PM.
Grandin Village Holiday Children's Parade Rules & Regulations
- Candy is allowed when carefully tossed underhanded to the curb and not directly at any person.
- As this is a children's parade, we restrict motorized vehicle participation to keep the parade profile small. In the registration form below you may check a box to ask for an exception to provide music for a dance troupe. Without previous authorization, riding mowers of up to 25 horsepower are allowed and may pull floats.
- Officials of the Grandin Village Business Association and the Raleigh Court Neighborhood Association have the right to include or refuse any individual or group's from participating in the Grandin Village Holiday Children’s Parade at any time and for any reason.
- Important: Only ONE Santa is allowed to participate in the parade or to appear at the after-party. NO OTHER SANTA IS ALLOWED.
- If your group stops forward movement of the parade, or interferes in any way with orderly parade operation, you as an individual, or your group's, participation may be terminated without notice.
- COVID Safety Guidelines - The Grandin Village Business Association and the Raleigh Court Neighborhood Association recommend and request that all participants and parade goers follow Virginia Department of Health and Center for Disease Control guidelines in force on parade day. We will follow the Virginia Governor's COVID guidelines that apply to public gatherings.
- WAIVER: In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Grandin Village Holiday Children’s Parade, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assignees and those of my group/association, I and my group/association do hereby release and forever discharge the Grandin Village Business Association and the Raleigh Court Neighborhood Association and their respective officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, volunteers and affiliates, and all those persons involved in organizing and staffing this event from all claims, demands, losses damages, actions, causes of actions or suits of whatsoever kind or nature, arising from my or my group’s participation in the parade.
I grant to the Grandin Village Business Association and Raleigh Court Neighborhood Association (Photographer) and their legal representatives and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs, of me and/or my group, or in which I may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising, and any other purpose and in any manner and medium, and to alter and composite the same without restriction and without my inspection or approval. I hereby release the Grandin Village Business Association and the Greater Raleigh Court Civic League and their legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs.